Saturday, April 3, 2010

Chapter 10

Chapter 10

* Flashback *

I cranked down the window in Lucy’s old jeep. It was Friday, the start of spring break and we just finished up lacrosse practice. She was driving me right to the Staal’s. Mrs. Staal was freaking out because Eric had convinced her and Mr. Staal to go to his last home game. She thought she had everything ready for their Easter celebration, but she forgot the candy cake. Since Jared and Jordan were retarded little children when it came to the kitchen, she begged me to the help them. Lucy pulled into their driveway and I jumped, went to the trunk, and grabbed my lacrosse bag.
“Thanks Luce!” I called out.
She waved. “No prob!” Lucy yelled out of the window before pulling out of the driveway. I let my self into the house and threw my bag into the mud room before going to the kitchen.

Jordan’s POV

I was looking in the fridge when Marie just walked into the kitchen. She just came back from practice so she was wearing nothing but a pinny that revealed most of her bright red sports bra and a pair of blue shorts. It bothered me that without even trying, she could easily turn me on. She walked over, intending to give me a hug, but instead I pinned her against the fridge. I put both of my hands on either side of her head and leaned in so I was only inches away from her. Her breath got caught in her throat.
“How your day?” I mocked her.
“Good.” She squeaked out. It was nice to know she reacted the same way I did to her. I captured her bottom lip and kissed her. “How about now?”
“Great. Now kiss me again.” Marie instructed. I grinned and easily complied to her order. I pressed my lips against hers before swirling my tongue around in her mouth. She responded my pushing herself against me. I moaned and knew I had to stop soon or this would go farther than I intended.
“Ewy, guys! I don’t want to see that!” Jared said before covering his eyes. I groaned and turned around. “Stop being so fucking immature.” To my disappointment, Marie used that second to escape from my grasp.
Jared shrugged, “I’m not immature. Trust me, I make out with my girlfriend. I just don’t do it in front of you.”
“Aw Jared, she actually kisses you? That’s a surprise.” Marie joked. Jared tried to scowl, but ended up on laughing. He settled on flicking the back of her head.
“Ow!” She exclaimed before hitting him on the shoulder. Jared’s laughter echoed around the room. “You call that a hit? You hit like a girl!”
“That’s because I am a girl!” Marie retorted before using her knee to knee him in the balls. Jared doubled over, grasping his waist.
“That’s what I thought.” Marie smirked. I went over to stand next to her and wrapped my arm around her waist. She leaned against me for a second before grabbing the spatula covered in frosting.
“Woah. You guys actually made the cake without burning the house down. I’m impressed.”
Jared finally caught his breath. “See, I am a smart cookie!” Marie laughed before she started attacking the cake. I noticed that when she was really concentrating she stuck her tongue out of the corner of her mouth. Weird, but definitely cute. After ten minutes, she finally pulled away from it.
“Does it look okay? I mean it’ll never look as good as your mom’s but..” Marie trailed off looking at it helplessly.
“Don’t worry Mar, people will say how beautiful it is and how shitty it tastes.” Jared reassured her. Marie laughed before throwing a bag of M&M’s at me.
“Here, put these around the rim of the cake.” She ordered. I loved it when she took charge, it was so sexy. I did as she ordered and placed the M&M’s on the cake. She finished the decoration frosting and finished it off by putting the peeps on the cake.
“Ta-da! Alright, if either of you touch this, I’ll shoot you.” She warned before carefully putting the cake into the fridge. After that, she sat onto the counter and put the bowl of frosting on her lap. She dipped her finger into it and caught my eye. Marie put her finger in her mouth, looking at me the whole time. She slowly licked her whole finger clean of it before sucking on the tip of it. Once she was finished, she smiled mischievously at me. I forced myself to look away or how much she was turning me on would become quickly become apparent.
Jared looked at both of us. “Yeah. I’m going to go to my room now.” He said before quickly disappearing. Marie gathered up the frosting in her hand before launching it at me. It hit me right in the face as I looked at her in disbelief.
“You’re done for it!” I yelled and grabbed the other frosting bowl before launching it at her. We kept throwing and dodging the frosting, running around the whole kitchen. By the time we were finished, the whole kitchen was covered in frosting. We both ended up on the floor next to each other, leaning against the cabinets. Marie got a paper towel and started to wipe some of it off.
“You missed a spot.” I smirked before leaning over and placing my lips on her left shoulder. I carefully dragged my tongue over the frosting, licking it off her shoulder completely. To make sure it was all gone, I sucked her tender skin. She squirmed and threw her head back before moaning. I pulled my head back and laughed.
“All gone now.” I told her.
“I have frosting all over me, even in my bra. Maybe I should just take it off!” She teased me.
I grinned. “No, please let me do that.”

* Present Day *

We arrived back to my house at around 8 PM.
“Are we seriously staying here?” I heard Olivia whisper to Jordan. I rolled my eyes and tried to not be offended by her comment. I worked harder every day than her pathetic ass did her whole life. Jordan carried Scott in by the car seat carrier.
“Be careful.” I warned him.
Jordan rolled his eyes. “Of course I will be.” I followed him into the house and locked the door behind us.
“Where I should I put him?” He asked. “You can put him on the kitchen table, for now.” I responded. I disappeared into my room and came out a few minutes later carrying Scott’s footie-pajamas. They were definitely worn in and I had to stitch them several times. Jordan frowned when he saw them, but knew better than to say anything. I smiled at Scott and held up the pajamas. “How about these, big boy?” I carefully changed him out of the jersey and sweatpants.
“Jordy, could you hand me a blanket please?” I asked. It was too late when I realized that I used the nickname I used to call him back when we were dating. I prayed he didn’t notice. If he did, he didn’t let me on to it. Jordan stretched and got the blanket on top of the couch and tossed it at me. I caught it and layed it down on the table. I lifted Scott up and sniffed his diaper before laying him down on top of the blanket. Thankfully, it was clean. I put on the pajamas and zipped them up in the back. Scott let out a big yawn and was struggling to keep his eyes open.
“Alright, Scotty. Time for bed.” I told him before picking him up and walked back into my room. Jared was standing awkwardly in front of my bed, stripped down to just his boxers.
“Jet lag getting to you, eh?” I asked.
He nodded. “Alright, you can just get in. I’ll be there soon.” I told him. He took my words and quickly got into the bed and pulled the covers up over him. I smirked, Jared hadn’t changed at all. I kissed Scott’s forehead before laying him down in his crib. “I love you Scott.” I told him. I got my own pajamas consisting of a pair of shorts and a large t-shirt that I probably kept from an ex-boyfriend and changed in the bathroom. I went to the small closet and pulled out my spare comforter and two pillows. I headed into the sitting room and Olivia was sitting on the very edge of the couch flipping the channels on my dinky television.
“There’s like, no channels.” She whined. I rolled my eyes, but didn’t say anything.
“Can you get up?” I asked her. She quickly stood up and wrapped her arms around herself. I pulled out the couch to make it the bed. I threw the pillows and comforter on top. “There, I’m going to bed. Try to be quiet, Scott needs his sleep.” I told them. Plus, I didn’t want to have to sanitize the couch if they decided to have a quickie.
“Thanks, Marie.” Jordan told me. I nodded my head and went back to my room and shut the door. I eagerly collapsed into bed. The only sleep I had gotten the past few days had been in the hard, plastic chairs at the hospital and it had all been emotionally draining. I pushed Jared to his side of the bed, his large frame was taking up most of it.

------

Scott’s cries woke me up a few hours later, nothing that I wasn’t used to. Something that was out of ordinary was that a man was standing in front of his crib. My sat up straight, disorientated for a second. Then I remembered that Jared was in my bed and it was Jordan in front of the crib.
“Fuck Jordan, you almost gave me a heart attack.” I told him before I got up and took Scott in my arms.
“Sorry.” He whispered. “I heard him crying, so I thought I could do something to help.” Jordan said hopefully. I listened to his cry for a second before shaking my head.
“Unless you sprung breasts over night, then no can do.” I said.
“Oh, so you breast-feed?” He tried to say casually.
I shrugged. “Yeah, it’s healthier for him and it saves me a fortune.” I pointed him to the door. “Sorry, but you have to go.”
“It’s nothing I haven’t seen before.” Jordan said. I turned around and glared at him.
“Sorry. Didn’t know where that came from.” He muttered staring at the floor. I glanced at Jared, amazed that he was still snoring through all of this. I went into the sitting room and sat on the over-stuffed chair. For some reason, Jordan squeezed himself next to me. It was uncomfortably close. Since he insisted on being there when I fed him for some unknown reason, I grabbed a blanket so I could cover up. I put the blanket over me before pulling my shut up so Scott could latch on. He eagerly latched and started to greedily suck. We sat there for a few minutes with just the sound of Scott sucking before Jordan finally broke the silence. “You know, that’s my shirt.”
“What?” I asked confusing. He tugged on the hem of my shirt.
“The shirt you’re wearing, it’s mine. Or at least it used to.” Jordan said. I felt a blush creep up to my cheeks. “Oh well, sorry.”
He shrugged, “Whatever, I don’t really care.” When we were dating he used to say about how much he loved seeing me in his clothes.
“Marie. We have to talk.” Jordan said. I tried to repress my groan, talks were always the worst.
“Okay.”
“You know I have to be apart of his life and that you’re not getting rid of me. I’ve already missed two games and I really shouldn’t miss more. Please, please, please move with me to Pitttsburgh. Why not?” He begged.
I looked away uncomfortably before rubbing my neck. It was true, I know he wouldn’t stop bugging me until I gave in.
“Fine, but I’m not going to live in the same apartment as you.” No way I was going to be kept up every night hearing him and Olivia roll between the sheets. Plus, being left alone with Olivia when Jordan was on road trips would be the most awkward thing ever. Also, if Jordan started taking more care of Scott, who said I couldn’t have a few one night stands? Just because I’m a mom doesn’t mean my vagina and sex drive shriveled up.
Jordan grinned. “There’s an apartment on sale on the floor below us. It’ll be perfect for you! You’ll have to live with Liv and me for a few weeks, though.”
“And I get to pay for some of it.”
Jordan frowned. “No, because that would mean you have to work and that would mean Scott would have to go to a daycare. He already won’t get to see enough of me, he needs his mom. Daycare isn’t a place for children to grow up.” He said firmly. I sighed, I couldn’t argue with him on that. That was one thing we agreed on.
“You could go to college if you want..Pitt is right there..” Jordan offered.
I shrugged. “I always figured I would go back to school when Scott was in pre-school, when I had more time. Speaking of time, what am I supposed to do with myself? Just watch Scott?” I asked. I was used to being a busy person.
“Well, most of the wives and girlfriends are part of working for charity group. It doesn’t pay anything, but it keeps every one occupied. It’s very flexible so you could stay have the freedom to take care of Scott.” He told me. I couldn’t deny it, that did sound great.
“Alright, I guess..” I told him. Jordan’s face lit up and I had to remind myself that he was just happy about Scott, not me.

5 comments:

  1. I hope jordan dumps olivia.... and him and marie get back together.

    I really like the story by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree.. not a fan of Olivia..but great update

    ReplyDelete
  3. I third that, she's a twit... Yay for updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I haven't been able to comment because i have been reading from my phone. But I haved loved these last couple updates they get better and better each time. I love this story. And am I am losing my mind or was their a tribute to One tree hill in their? Because that is one of my favorite Peyton and Lucas moments. Very cute. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please update soon! I just found this story today and read all ten chapters, haha.

    Oh, and if you want, please check out my own story I just started! I need readers ;) http://todaywasafairytale11.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete