Saturday, April 17, 2010

Chapter 11

Chapter 11
* Flashback *

Jordan’s POV
It was a beautiful day and we decided to eat on the back porch. It was the first time all six of us had eaten dinner together in a year. Marc and Eric were already home because the Hurricanes didn’t make the playoffs and Marc wasn’t called up. Jared was always home and I just came back after losing to the Senators in five games. I was embarrassed that we played so bad in the playoffs, but knowing that I made it farther than any of my brothers made me feel better. Jared was being pouting the whole dinner, pissed at Mom that he couldn’t go to Marie’s lacrosse game. I tried to not let it show that it bothered him that him and Marie were still such great friends. I would be lying if I said I still didn’t have any feelings with Marie. It was stupid how I reacted after I got drafted, and if I could I would take it all back. But I do know Marie and I know she would never take me back, she was too proud to do that. Jared tensed when we heard a car go down Marie’s driveway. He stared at Mom pleadingly.
“Fine, Jared you can go ask her if they won, I’m curious too. But come right back.” She ordered. Jared popped out of his chair and practically ran out of the kitchen and to the back door. “Marie Antoinette!” He called out standing on the drive way. We could hear him, but not see him.
“Jare-Bear?” Marie called back laughing. I shoved food in my mouth and stared at my plate, trying to concentrate on chewing.
“You won!” Jared said excitedly.
“Hell yeah!”
“How’d you do?” Jared asked.
“Three goals.” Marie responded.
“Hattie!” Jared said.
Marie laughed. “That’s hockey Jared.”
“Oh yeah, my mom wants to know what color your dress is.” Jared told her. I tensed and tightened my hold on my fork, a dress for what? Eric raised his eyebrows at me from across the table.
“I’m going with Peyton tomorrow to get one. Hey, listen, we’re going out to celebrate tonight at IHOP around tenish? You in?” Marie asked.
“Who’s going?” Jared asked.
“Peyton, Tommy, Kyle, Alicia..that whole group. And the lacrosse team.” Marie replied.
“Cool, I’m in.”
“Alright, come to my house at like 9:45.”
“Okay, I have to finish dinner. See ya later.” Jared said before walking back down and sitting at the table.
Mom laughed. “Did I tell you that you could go out tonight?”
Jared shrugged. “I knew you wouldn’t mind. So I’ll tell you what color the dress is tomorrow.”
“What dress?” Marc asked confused.
Dad snorted. “Jared couldn’t find a girl to go to prom with him, so Marie felt bad and decided to go with him.”
Jared turned red. “No, she did it because she’s a good friend.” He said shooting a look at me. I thought of the picture of Marie and me at prom still sitting on my dresser in my apartment at Pittsburgh. I jabbed my fork into my meatball. How is my little brother taking the same girl-my girl- that I took to prom a year ago?

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Jordan, Mr. and Mrs. Staal, Jared, and I were all standing in the airport. Olivia just got onto her flight to go to New York City, apparently she had some sort of girls shopping week planned. How can you go shopping for a whole week? Beats me. Jordan and I were going to Pittsburgh and Mr. and Mrs. Staal and Jared were going back to Thunder Bay. Mrs. Staal was trying to pry Scott from my arms. “Marie, it’s okay. Remember, we have this all planned out. You know it wouldn’t be safe for him right now.” Mrs. Staal soothed me. The plan was for Mrs. Staal to take Scott back to Thunder Bay for a week to show him off to every one. The real logic behind this was so it would give Jordan and I time to go apartment hunting for me. And apparently Jordan’s flat right now would be to dangerous for Scott. Still, Scott was a piece of me. I had a hard time handing him over to some one, even though I know Mrs. Staal would guard him with her life.
“Marie, you have to board your plane now.” Mrs. Staal reminded me. I slowly handed him over to her, trying to remind myself that it was for his own good.
She smiled. “I’ll fly down in a week with him to help get every one settled.” The final boarding call was announced over the louder speaker. Jared quickly gave me and hug and Mr. Staal kissed me on the cheek. I kissed Scott on the cheek one last time. “I love you.” I told him. I still couldn’t stop feeling guilty, feeling like I was leaving him. Jordan ushered me towards the gate.
“This is his first time flying. I don’t know how he’ll do, maybe you ca-“ I started rambling over my shoulder. Jordan cut me off by shoving me on the shoulder, pushing me out of view.
“Ass.” I growled.
Jordan shrugged. ‘Just didn’t want to miss the plane, drama queen.” I bordered the plane and started to heads toward the back of the plane. Jordan grabbed my arm again and pulled me backwards.
“First class.” He stated. I sat down in the cushy chairs with the luxurious leg room. I leaned the seat back as far as possible before snapping it back up quickly. Jordan rolled his eyes at me before taking the window seat. I could get used to this for sure. A man rushed on and took the empty seat besides me. I felt myself starting to get claustrophobic, so I put in my iPod and tried to relax. We were a couple hours in when I felt myself starting to doze off. It was a first time in awhile that I could just sleep and not worry about Scott waking up or anything else for the matter.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

I woke up with my head leaning against a shoulder instead of the head rest. My head shot up when I realized it was on Jordan’s shoulder. He tried to suppress a laugh when he realized I was up.
“Why didn’t you wake me up?” I muttered.
He started laughing even more. “I did, you retard. At first you fell asleep on that guys shoulder. I figured that even though you hate me you would rather be asleep on my shoulder than some random guys.” He stated. I rolled my eyes and looked away from him. I desperately hoped that he didn’t notice the large slobber mark on his shoulder. Unfortunately, it seemed the moment that ran through my head he did notice it.
“Ew. You drooled on me.” He said looking down.
“No, I didn’t you prick.” I muttered.
Jordan let out a shit-eating grin. “How am I the prick for letting you get all of your nasty germs out on me?”
I snorted. “Nasty germs? Real nice.”
He shrugged. “Just telling it as it is.” The flight only lasted thirty more minutes before we were finally able to get off the damn plane. I just had issues sitting around for long periods of time. When we got into the Pittsburgh airport it was around 12 in the morning, so it wasn’t too crowded. Still, Jordan did everything with his favorite yellow hat pulled down and at a brisk walk. He took both of our suitcases and started to weal them to the parking lot.
“Let me take mine.” I said reaching for mine.
He pulled it away from me. “No, I got it.”
“No, let me do it.” I growled, annoyed now. I tried to reach across his body and grab it, but he held onto it. Jordan kept a firm grip on it while I kept pulling it. A few seconds later though, we both let go of it. It went flying from our grips and crashed onto the ground.
“Now look what you did.” I said sighing.
“Me/? What I do? I tried to be a gentleman and help you!” Jordan insisted.
I rolled my eyes. “You couldn’t be less of a gentleman.”
Jordan scoffed. “Now that just hurts.” Finally, we both just put the luggage into the back of his car and I got into the passengers side. I took a deep breath before strapping into my new life.

3 comments:

  1. Honestly... who goes shopping for an entire week?! She's probably just going to blow a bunch of Jordan's money... grrrr.
    Linda made me laugh, you know she's going to be showing Scott off to EVERYONE!! How cute!

    And Marie and Jordan need to remember what the... uh... good times were like*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Marie and Jordan are hilarious. Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are funny together. Great Update. : )

    ReplyDelete